http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=26357735 Template This Is bc: its a wrap

This Is bc

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

its a wrap

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of wraps. The way I see it, a wrap is just a sandwich on a thin, chewy, sub-par bread. The burrito, the king of wraps, is obviously an exception. The fresh flour torilla used for a good burrito shouldn't be bland at all. And, of course, torillas serve the very practical purpose of holding together lots of small (rice, beans) and wet (chili verde, salsa) food.

The last burrito I had (from Anna's) was disappointing. It just wasn't up to the Anna's standard. The wrap I had today however, measured up to be a superb, though unlikely, substitute. The place is called Wrapture and it's in Beverly, MA. Beverly is pretty far from everything but this wrap is worth the trip.

Grill Steak Wrap: Grilled Steak, goat cheese, roasted poblano peppers, roasted corn, garlic puree, limed onions, tomatoes, greens.

You'll notice that with the exception of the garlic puree, there's no condiment. I am pretty adamant about the condiment. It supplies the necessary glue to hold the sandwich together. A-hah! But this is a wrap, you say, it doesn't need holding together. This is not true. If you need confirmation get a burrito at La Choza (Great Barrington, MA.) It will fall apart within seconds of the first bite because of a lack of the requisite glue. But lets get back to Wrapture. The garlic puree combined with the melting goat cheese and juice from the grilled steak supplied enough tasty adhesive to hold this baby together. And taste is really what this is all about.

I've been trying to find out how to make the limed onions, so that I can replicate this wrap at home, but I haven't found anything online. I might have to go back to ask them if they would give me an idea of how to make them. Of course, I would also have to get another wrap.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

try tapas corner... also in beverly!

February 19, 2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home