http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=26357735 Template This Is bc: Summer soup

This Is bc

Friday, June 23, 2006

Summer soup


It seems like every time I post now, I have to apologize for not posting in a while. Well, I'm not saying sorry this time! If I don't post because I'm doing other things with my disposable time, then I don't have to apologize for it. Take that!

But you're right, it has been too long. I even have two recipes I want to share. I'll do one now and later. Soon, but later.

In case you didn't notice, it was hot this week. I decided to make a cold soup. Vichyssoise, perhaps? No. Gazpacho, you say? Getting warmer (colder.) Must be a cucumber soup then? Yes! And no. I added fruit to this soup. Because, I mean, why not?

Cold Cucumber and Fruit Soup
Servings: 4-6

Materials:
a food processor or blender (my blender did not work with this)

2 C plain yogurt
4 large cucumbers
some fruit (I used 1 green apple, a bunch of green grapes and a handful of blueberries just to throw the color off)
1 t lemon juice
pinch of salt

Cut up the fruit and throw most of it in the food processor. Reserve about half a cuke and some of each of the fruit you are using. Add the yogurt and lemon juice and puree. Now add the rest of the fruit and just give a quick whirl of the processor. This way you'll have a texture difference between the smooth soup and the chunks of fruit. Add the salt, if you think it needs it. Chill. Eat. Be less hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home