http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=26357735 Template This Is bc: A gracious home

This Is bc

Friday, April 28, 2006

A gracious home

This evening I will be dining in New York City. A New England reprieve has been a long time coming and I can't wait. What I miss most about New York is the food, uhh . . you guys. uhh. . . the pizza. you guys. the pizza. you guys. the pizza. you guys. the pizza.*

I miss both you guys and the pizza. The other day I made a statement to Dave Starr like, "Oh, there's a place in the North End I'd like to go to. I heard their pizza is edible." He carried on that that was a very snobby thing to say and that my new york standards were unfair. I don't think so. That fact that good pizza, bagels, chinese food, greek food, etc. is not readily available up here is an affront to good taste. These people, Dave included being from Philly and not having spent any time in NYC, don't even know that the food that they are eatting isn't nearly as good as it should be! I really hurts me. As a result, I eat those foods about one tenth as often as I would and I did when I lived in New York. Well, at least for the weekend I won't have to worry about not being able to get a good slice when I want one.
. . . . . . .

On Saturday I'm probably going to go to this with my mom:

"Gracious Home, the upscale hardware store, will hold a one-day warehouse sale in Queens on April 29 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Look for bedding, kitchen appliances and everything in between at discounts of 40 to 90 percent. . . . 30-30 60th Street (Northern Boulevard), Woodside" (NYTimes via my grandmother.)

Maybe I'll find something awesome and cheap.
. . . . . . .
Footnote:
*Pizza

1 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

wow, that's almost a public admission that boston is wack

April 29, 2006 1:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home