http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=26357735 Template This Is bc: I'll be your huckleberry

This Is bc

Monday, August 07, 2006

I'll be your huckleberry


Blueberry actually.

A while ago I said that I had blueberry lemonade when I was in Maine and that I would try to recreate it in my own kitchen. Well, I tried to do it yesterday. The results were not as good as I expected them to be, but I'm going to try to refine the recipe. These are the ratios I'm working with:

Blueberry Lemonade

3 parts Pure blueberry juice*
3 parts water
2 parts fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 part sugar

*a note on blueberry juice - you can make your own by blending blueberries and straining out the solids or you can just buy the juice in the store, which is what I did. If you go to the store to buy the juice pay attention to the labels. There is "pure blueberry juice," which is just that, and there is "blueberry juice," which is acutally a blend of juices. Read the ingredient list. You only want blueberry juice.

With these ratios I found that the taste is very strong on the blueberry and not as lemon-y as I wanted it. So I'm going to shy on the side of more lemon next time around. I suggest you find your own mix.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian said...

Fine. At some point I will reveal my secret on how to make carnitas. Or interested parties can just get the recipe from the NYTimes, like I did. Query: mark bittman pork tacos

August 09, 2006 10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home